Intro to Intuitive Eating with Samantha Christy
In this interactive workshop. you will discover how to eat more intuitively by listening to your hunger, honoring your body and trusting your inner wisdom when it comes to food. You’ll leave with an introduction to the principles of intuitive eating and a good understanding on how to use these principles everyday to create a healthy relationship with food, mind and life
A certified nutrition specialist, Samantha Christy is qualified to provide nutritional advice, guidance and meals to clients. Additionally, Sam received her master’s degree in nutrition from Colorado State University and is currently completing a dietetic internship to become a registered dietician.
Bring the Outdoors Inside: Two-Hour Ride with Michelle Brown
Join our crew and get ready for spring with our last extended ride of the season. For two hours, you’ll develop a smooth round pedaling style, while challenging yourself over a variety of “terrain.” Pairing music to your journey will keep you motivated to challenge yourself on the road ahead. Let’s breath, push and ride strong!
Learn How to Live in Your Body Better: Conditioning for Yogis / Regeneration for Cyclists with Sandy Gross
SELECT SUNDAYS MAY 19 – JULY 21, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Conditioning for Yogis/Regeneration for Cyclists is a seven-week series of workshops designed to enhance your yoga practice, your daily life activities and provide regenerative recovery for cycling. Informed by the most current fascia science and biomechanics, we’ll use the best practices of yoga, strength training and the power of self-myofascial tissue care to up-level your movement understanding within the context of your unique body.
– Sun, May 19: Legs 1 – Conscious and reflexive strength, feet, knees, groin and hips. Also, get tips on mitigating the effects of cycling/sitting
– Sun, May 26: Legs 2 – “Down regulation” – why your doctor really wants you to go to yoga and The Leg Stretch Series
– Sun, June 2: Shoulders 1 – “My shoulders are so tight!” Using yoga poses and daily life activities as our context, we’ll reclaim range of motion and ease in your shoulders to allow for more freedom movement
– Sun, June 23: Shoulders 2 – Conscious anf reflexive strength, upper body focus. Also, get tips on relieving “tech neck” and rounded cycling posture
– Sun June 30: Core 1 – Beyond strong abs – how a reflexive core not only protects your spine, but also improves hip and shoulder mobility as well as cycling stamina
– Sun, July 14: Core 2 – Your body’s most important movement pattern – diaphragm dynamics and improving physical and emotional resilience
– Sun, July 21: Core 3 – Next-Level Savasana – deeper states of calm with self-massage and guided yogic sleep.
Through a yogic lens of awareness, you will learn new and novel uses of props, poses, corrective exercises and Roll Model® therapy balls to enhance your practice. Therapy balls will be provided during the workshops and also for sale in the Confluence store afterwards. All levels truly welcome. Bring a yoga mat.
$49 each ($39 if registered by the Monday before each session) or $199 if registered for all sessions before May 13.