Learn How to Live Better in Your Body: Conditioning for Yogis / Regeneration for Cyclists with Sandy Gross
SELECT SUNDAYS MAY 19 – JULY 21, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Conditioning for Yogis/Regeneration for Cyclists is a seven-week series of workshops designed to enhance your yoga practice, your daily life activities and provide regenerative recovery for cycling. Informed by the most current fascia science and biomechanics, we’ll use the best practices of yoga, strength training and the power of self-myofascial tissue care to up-level your movement understanding within the context of your unique body.
– Sun, May 19: Legs 1 – Conscious and reflexive strength, feet, knees, groin and hips. Also, get tips on mitigating the effects of cycling/sitting
– Sun, May 26: Legs 2 – “Down regulation” – why your doctor really wants you to go to yoga and The Leg Stretch Series
– Sun, June 2: Shoulders 1 – “My shoulders are so tight!” Using yoga poses and daily life activities as our context, we’ll reclaim range of motion and ease in your shoulders to allow for more freedom movement
– Sun, June 23: Shoulders 2 – Conscious and reflexive strength, upper body focus. Also, get tips on relieving “tech neck” and rounded cycling posture
– Sun June 30: Core 1 – Beyond strong abs – how a reflexive core not only protects your spine, but also improves hip and shoulder mobility as well as cycling stamina
– Sun, July 14: Core 2 – Your body’s most important movement pattern – diaphragm dynamics and improving physical and emotional resilience
– Sun, July 21: Core 3 – Next-Level Savasana – deeper states of calm with self-massage and guided yogic sleep.
Through a yogic lens of awareness, you will learn new and novel uses of props, poses, corrective exercises and Roll Model® therapy balls to enhance your practice. Therapy balls will be provided during the workshops and also for sale in the Confluence store afterwards. All levels truly welcome. Bring a yoga mat.
$49 each ($39 if registered by the Monday before each session)
Yoga Tune Up® Teacher Certification Training
The Yoga Tune Up® Teacher Certification Training 70-hour certification program strikes a balance between the worlds of yoga and fitness. It attracts trainees of all ages, body types, and movement modalities. Using the yogic lens of awareness, conscious relaxation and breathing techniques and trainees intimate understanding of their own architecture we dive deeply into integrated anatomy and body mechanics. Go beyond formulaic instruction and truly learn how to think and teach creatively within your specific teaching environment, with both group classes and private clients.
Trainees are presented with “template” Yoga Tune Up® classes that can be used to help jumpstart workshops and classes. Successful completion and certification of the Level 1 training is mandatory prior to teaching any Yoga Tune Up® classes or workshops. Passing of the Teacher Certification Training is required to be a licensed YTU teacher.
In this 70-hour training:
- Become proficient and comfortable with the fundamentals of anatomy, physiology and biomechanics and how to apply them in a private or group class setting.
- Learn a step-by-step process to create memorable, accessible classes and learn to “think out of the boxana.
- Refresh your love of teaching and learn new classroom leadership skills.
- Be prepared to teach your own Yoga Tune Up® classes, privates, and more.
REQUIRED REFERENCE MATERIALS:
– Trail Guide to the Body by Andrew Biel
– The Roll Model: A Step-by-Step Guide to Erase Pain, Improve Mobility, and Live Better in Your Body by Jill Miller
Saturday Aug. 10 – 17 (Wednesday Aug. 14 is a day off.)
$1400 early bird through July 24/$1500 thereafter, space permitting. Tuition includes a pair each of original Yoga Tune Up® Balls and 300+ page course manual.